FIRE ACCIDENT AT ACB OFFICES IN LILONGWE
The Anti-Corruption Bureau would like to inform all the stakeholders and members of the public that there was a fire which broke out in one of its offices in Lilongwe. The fire broke out on Saturday, 14th October, 2017 in the early morning hours in a room which houses the main switch for its power. From the preliminary findings, the fire was caused by a spark on the changeover switch which ensures that there is a switch of power from ESCOM supply and the genset when ESCOM power is out.
The Bureau would like to assure all stakeholders that the fire was contained and it did not spread to other rooms. This was possible because of the smoke detectors which sent out an alarm when the fire broke out. The Guards on duty were quick to check where the smoke was coming from and alerted the ACB officials. The Bureau would like to assure members of the public that no documents related to any case were destroyed as the office does not keep any such documents.
The Bureau would also like to commend the G4S guards on duty for their prompt response to the situation which ensured that the fire did not spread further. The real cause of the fire will be established after an investigation is concluded.
EGRITA M. NDALA SENIOR PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: DIRECTOR GENERAL